While the Tunebug is in good shape, it is still a 40+ year old car that has sat unused for large portions of its life. There are lots of things to do, but most can be done while I keep driving the car. I'm going to keep a journal of sorts of my projects, so come along and watch how a mechanical novice learns to keep his Bugeye alive.
Yes, that's a trail of oil behind the Tunebug in the picture.
Long range plans
- Acquire heater and blower
- Fix minor rust in driver's floor and A-pillars
- Recover seats (probably with leather) and replace carpet
- Repaint car and fix any other body integrity issues
- Recover original side curtains (fabric ones)
- Possible 5-speed conversion